remove an artist from the music library
A bit of deep digging into the offending Booker T album found a few recalcitrant tags - I exterminated them, so all is now well.
Mike_Doc, to my way of thinking, Musicbrainz is both a help and a hindrance. It has been responsible for adding a ton of unwanted ''information" to some albums in my collection (I would call it "garbage" but I'm trying hard not to be unkind),most notably in the ''genre'' and ''comments'' fields. This happens when I use Jaikoz to query a compilation album.
I did weekly shows on the local radio station, so I used Jaikoz to set songs to the year of their original release (so I could more easily put together a playlist for say 'songs of 77'. It did that sort of OK (some howling errors here and there)... certainly much quicker than checking each song in my library manually. It has been the best method I've discovered so far. Unfortunately, it opens a bloke up to the type of issues I have experienced... I had thinks tagged to my liking, but by querying MB, I unwittingly allowed Jaikoz to add garbage into the mix, which I am now having to sort out. I wish I had realised that I was allowing my tagging software to write id3 tags to my Flac files. I have now (belatedly) sorted THAT nonsense out.
Why MB insists on allowing strange things like putting uncommon accents (at least in English) into things like band/artist names is well above my pay grade, but it is annoying for a mere mortal like me.
Dave, just wondering, but s there a reason why Kodi calls on these extra tags? It doesn't seem to have the ability to show the info anywhere - like the ''Original Album" field that was causing me grief with the Blue Oyster Cult compilation... I get that people may want to use ''mood'' etc, and they can show up... but the other stuff?

Messages In This Thread
RE: remove an artist from the music library - by nannup - 2017-08-25, 11:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remove an artist from the music library0