Just saw this article about Kodi/DRM
https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-wants-to-b...rm-170409/

I have been using xbmc and kodi for a relatively long time. Much longer than this account has been active.
I paid/contributed a small amount for the program.
I don't think I have ever loaded an add on.
I don't think I have ever even changed the default skin.
I used and liked xbmc/kodi because it, along with a few other tools, let me utilize and consume the media I _PURCHASED_ in a reasonable way, time and manner I chose.

I didn't say anything when the frothing started about the sale of the preloaded units on ebay and Amazon, because even though you have to be blindingly stupid not to understand what you are buying when you purchase those, I get it it. Sometimes people are just stupid. I just stayed out of that conversation. It made me very uncomfortable to see the attitude creep in that "You can only use this in ways we like." It made me uncomfortable enough I just used the latest stable version and didn't interact here anymore.

Now you want to add and legitimize Digital Restrictions?

I'm nobody - just one of the silent group of users who contributed - probably not enough, but still, some, and I did because freedom is still something I believe is good.
I really doubt one voice, one post will make any difference, but please don't legitimize the effort to extend DRM. There is no good to be had there.

I have a four letter word I'd like to say here and it doesn't start with K, it ends with k.

Messages In This Thread
Just saw this article about Kodi/DRM - by Dalej - 2017-04-12, 12:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just saw this article about Kodi/DRM0