Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
Lightbulb 
http://projects.lanik.org/KodiProject_YeeMee.htm

YeeMee addon

This addon controls Xiaomi Yeelight from Kodi. It is possible to set addon to turn on/off light(s) on video start, stop or pause. Also you can specify whether to turn it on/off immediately or smoothly and specify time in which to perform the transition (is smooth transition specified). You can also specify light color for all operation(s) individually as well as light intensity in percent.

If option is stop (video stopped), you can set to return to previous state (if it was on it will return to on if it was off it will return to off).

Advanced features allow you to specify time-frame i.e. turn lights on/off only between 10pm and 7am, and you can also disable light activation/deactivation for videos shorter than specified time.

You can set up to 4 YeeLights, and each can be set and controlled individually, i.e. different operation, color and intensity.

There is also Ambi option, so 1 or more Yeelights can be used as ambi lights during video play.

In order to install it, first install my REPO: Lanik Repo

Then install add-on, and configure it:

First set up how many Yeelights you have (1-4). Then set IP address for each Yeelight. There is an option to automatically search for bulbs but it doesn't work every time. Try it several times if it doesn't work. Eventually it will find the bulbs Smile DO NOT FORGET TO TURN ON THE DEVELOPER MODE ON THE BULBS! Finally, set actions and options (color, transition, effect, brightness) for play, pause and stop.

This should work on all platforms. Any comments welcome.

Like addon Facebook page!

If it does not work on Android AMLogic Boxes, you just need to disable hardware decoding..... (all 3 options) i.e. for Jarvis: settings -> video -> acceleration,  or Krypton: settings -> player -> video on Krypton

RENDER CAPTURE DEBUGGING:

For RenderCapture debug (to see if screen capturing is working at all - i.e. Ambi function not working):

* In YeeMee settings, first set only 1 bulb (not necessary, but best for testing) and set "use as YeeMee Ambi" to "whole screen".
* Set, under "Ambi Options", "Ambi precision" to "Ultra High"
* Under "Testing" tab, set "Debug Render Capture" to "on"

Now, once you play a video, this will create JPEG image captures in your TEMP folder (please google where that is in Kodi), small JPG image files. These files should be CAPTURED screenshots of the movie played. Just open them and you will see either black/white pictures or the actual screens from your played movie. There will be many since naming is bulb IP - date-time, they should be sorted by bulb and then time. If capture works, you should get small thumbnails of your played video. If you just get black JPGs, then it doesn't work....

After debug, these JPGs are safe to delete. Just don't forget to turn off this option since it will keep creating JPGs until you run out of space

Video demo and tutorials on Youtube:

Control Lights from Kodi and Ambilight effect with Yeelight bulbs

Configuring bulbs in YeeMee addon for Kodi

Donate Here

mod edit - as the author has closed his account and deleted his repo, this addon is no longer supported or available

Messages In This Thread
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - by User 325245 - 2017-04-26, 08:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2