Linux Supported samba protocol versions?
Rainbow 
So I was reading el reg and hit the article about the cyber attacks this week targeting the UK and others (lots of others). I'm not scare mongering and I'm not impacted (firewall ports closed!) but as a casual IT bod I decided to take a look at my samba server (linux) and inspect whether it is susceptible to the malware romping around. Turns out all my clients (linux and android) are negotiating to use the NT1 protocol version (SMBv1) which has this threat vector against it so I decided to go about disabling NT1/SMBv1 and forcing my clients to up-their-game.

So re-configuring my linux samba server wasn't a big deal, it now only supports server and client protocols from SMBv2 and upwards and my linux clients can successfully connect to the samba shares using v3 (cos thats what I've told them to use), bare in mind this is all OS config and I haven't touched Kodi yet.

However Kodi 17.1 on my Ubuntu 17.04 won't have it, non-debug log outs show these lines every-time I attempt to open my share...

Code:
12:46:44.922 T:140409701695680   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/share'
                                            unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'

I've searched for whether there are any advanced settings applicable to my sources.xml that I can use to force a specific client SMB version but I can't locate anything and regressing my server config gets Kodi working and using the NT1/SMBv1.

So my question is whether there is a way to ask Kodi to use a different samba client version or not?

Messages In This Thread
Supported samba protocol versions? - by KillerKelvUK - 2017-05-14, 14:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supported samba protocol versions?0