Multiple file formats of same artists
(2017-05-22, 15:42)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 17:28)ruckstande Wrote: Is there a way to scan or only display artists in a particular format? I have flac and mp3 files of the same songs and get stuck with duplicate songs displayed in Kodi. Is there a way to hide a particular version? Thanks.

Solutions to having both mp3 and FLAC versions of songs in the music library:

(2017-05-19, 18:37)promark Wrote: Easy way to do it is move all the mp3 or flac to another folder and just have kodi scan whichever folder you prefer
That is a good way to manage this. Moving files is not so difficult either. Take a copy of the entire structure with the mixed files in, then delete *.FLAC from one, and *.mp3 from the other

(2017-05-22, 13:25)docwra Wrote: Create a node with an extension path rule?
Yeap, that is a solution too.

(2017-05-20, 05:00)ruckstande Wrote: ..I guess music was never a big focus of Kodi?
Music playback is my main Kodi use. Improving the music library has been my focus for the last 2 years (almost), and it does some things better than video (which is assumed to have recevied more attention in the past than music, but it is not so clear because other people have worked on music before me). And the player is great with many media formats.
It just doesn't come off very user friendly for music management. I use Media Monkey on pc which is extremely powerful yet easy to work with. I typically wouldn't have to do things outside of the application before bringing them into the program.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple file formats of same artists - by ruckstande - 2017-05-23, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple file formats of same artists0