MySQL library, store images locally?
I've been searching but only find dead ends, things that don't apply, or things that I just don't understand!

I'm running Kodi 17 on Raspberry Pi devices (OpenELEC). My content is on a NAS that I built using Nas4Free. I'm using a MySQL database on an old Mac Mini so all Kodi devices have the same library.

A power outage corrupted the SD card on the Pi on the living room TV so I had to rebuild that. At the same time, I set up a new Pi for my son's room. I'm having a problem getting all the thumbnails and fanarts to show on both of these devices.

Looking through the MySQL library, I noticed that the majority of the image paths are web addresses, not locally stored images. I have satellite internet and every byte of bandwidth is precious. So I want to make sure that all thumbnails, posters, fanart, etc. is stored locally on the NAS and the database points to that location. When I add a new entry to my library, I want it to download those images one time, store them locally, and then all future references are to those local images.

How can I do that? How can I force all the images that are referenced out on the internet to be downloaded locally, then change the path in the database to the local image rather than the internet image?

Messages In This Thread
MySQL library, store images locally? - by Heathicus - 2017-06-05, 19:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL library, store images locally?0