Kodi - Instant recording not working as it should, kodi showing wrong notifications.
(2017-06-09, 18:38)joostzilla Wrote: When i press record watching live TV a message appears saying "recording scheduled". But it should be 'recording started'

I saw this thread on the NextPVR forum:
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...ifications

Could this be fixed for the MP backend too?
I am getting this too. I have mediaportal tv server as my backend. IT happens on all recording options. SO when I hit the red record button on my Harmony Ultimate and my MCE remote or when I select the keyboard shortcut ctrl + R on my keyboard and even when I select the Kodi player controls and select the record button within the onscreen player controls ALL of those options invoke the "recording scheduled" message. THe recording actually starts but I have to hit the normal stop button to stop it (or the "x" button on the keyboard. When I hit the record button a second time it starts another recording and does all the weird stuff others have mentioned on this thread. 
In the PVR setting section I have "Instant recording action" set to "record current show" and all other buttons and commands are working fine. 
Tried the MCER remote addon, but no difference. Tried adding a keymap command into my userdata keymap folder to see if it made a difference but nope.
The keymap I put in I found searching that another guy had used to add a hotkey. I mapped it to my "g" key because its not used and was simply this:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<g>PlayerControl(Record)</g>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<g>PlayerControl(Record)</g>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>
Yep restarted and all of that, but regardless it didn't work, still getting recording scheduled not recording started. Its as if Kodi is somehow reading the signal incorrectly.
THe reason I am concluding that its Kodi is because the same problem seems to occur with a few different backends and as mentioned, it happens on all of the equipment used to initiate the record command.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi - Instant recording not working as it should, kodi showing wrong notifications. - by longworthdean - 2019-09-27, 08:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - Instant recording not working as it should, kodi showing wrong notifications.1