Solved No longer showing digital surround options
My Kodi 17.3 build just lost all access to digital surround sound. Normally when I turn on audio passthrough I get a subsequent checklist of compatible sound types compatible with my receiver. But when I went to use Kodi earlier, it wasn't putting out surround sound. When I went in to settings, my default audio was set to just directsound and 2.0 channels, instead of 5.0. Normally, wasapi audio is the default. So I changed it to wasapi. Then when I turned passthrough on, it also defaulted to just directsound. I changed it to wasapi as well. But I didn't get the checklist of digital surround sound formats. Playing surround sound encoded media was switching my receiver to pcm multichannel sound.

My PC is set to the correct audio output and PowerDVD is putting out digital surround formats ok. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi, hoping that the fresh install would detect the receiver and allow me to set the compatible passthrough surround sound formats. But no joy.

Any ideas?

Build:

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Gene mobo, i7 6700K, 24GB DDR4 ram, Windows 10 Pro, Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti.

Messages In This Thread
No longer showing digital surround options - by mickrick - 2017-07-14, 20:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No longer showing digital surround options0