Need help finding my new Kodi/Netflix hardware
Hi!

I've been a Kodi user for many years, and for the past couple of years I have been using a RPi 2 with OpenELEC/LibreELEC as my main playback hardware which has been working very well for me. However, I've recently begun using Netflix a lot, and for the moment my options to play Netflix in the living room are through a Chromecast or through my LG TV's four year old "Smart TV" interface. Neither of which is ideal - the Chromecast lacks 24p support which bugs me a lot and the "Smart TV" interface is slow and tricky to navigate, even though it does 24p.

So I'm in the market for a new device to satisfy all my needs for both Kodi and Netflix., and if it happens to support Google Cast so that it can completely replace my Chromecast as well that would be awesome.

Here is what I want:

- Ability to run both Kodi Krypton and Netflix without dual-booting
- Smooth 1080p 24p playback
- HD Audio and/or 5.1 LPCM playback
- A fast-ish interface, not slower than my RPi 2
- IR receiver that I can use with my Harmony remote

I don't mind getting my hands a little dirty setting it up, but when it's setup I want it to be stable and "just work".

Is there any device out there which satisfies my needs? I've been looking at a few Android boxes, like the Mi Box (no 24p though which is a shame) or the WeTek Hub or Play 2. The Nvidia Shield seems nice but also a little pricey to me since I won't be using it for gaming.

Messages In This Thread
Need help finding my new Kodi/Netflix hardware - by Mooorgul - 2017-07-16, 20:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help finding my new Kodi/Netflix hardware0