Export/Import and local artist art improvements
(2017-11-06, 15:13)DaveBlake Wrote: This results in album folders within the artist folders in the Artist Information Folder. It is not a problem, but Kodi is not looking there for album NFO or art when it scrapes.
I'd mistakenly thought after I saw the album "stuff" in the artist info folder that things were changing and that kodi would be looking in the artist info folder for everything. Yes, that might be confusing without knowing that kodi isn't looking there for the album info.
(2017-11-06, 15:13)DaveBlake Wrote: But it is important to realise that music library export is not a backup facility
Do you say that because when you export the album info will go into the artist info folder, but Kodi won't "suck it back in" because that's not where it looks when it's doing its sucking for album info? .

(2017-11-06, 15:13)DaveBlake Wrote: (for that copy the db), it is an advanced user facility for management of additional local artist and album info and art. Beginners will be scraping online art etc., this is for those that want to go further, have exotic music collections or are control freaks for what data/art they have (no insult intended as I speak of myself).
Or, for using in an offline installation (me). It's given me something I did not have, all the pretty pictures of singers I've never heard of (Big Grin). J/K, I'd had the "show artists who aren't on albums"(or whatever it says) setting off because there was no point. Now with my little local source of artwork in the artist info folder, I can have all the artists showing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export/Import and local artist art improvements - by bilgepump - 2017-11-07, 01:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export/Import and local artist art improvements0