[Kodi 17 Android] Displaying 3D in correct aspect ratio
I created a thread a month ago concerning this same topic when I was running kodi on Windows 10. I got some suggestions and the issue was resolved. I bought a Minix U9-H android box a month ago and I encountered the same problem I had initially on Windows.

Here's a quick summary of the issue:

I have a lot of 3D movies that are in full over-under format. This means the resolution of a movie in 16:9 aspect ratio of 16:9 is 1920x2160 (stacking two 1920x1080 frames on top of each other). Movies in a widescreen aspect ratio (2.40:1) have had their black bars removed, giving them a resolution of 1920x1600 (stacking two 1920x800 frames on top of each other).

The problem is when I play such movies on kodi, the aspect ratio is wrong. For example, this is how kodi displays The Martian:

It was suggested to "Try editing the header using mkvmerge, video track - pixel and/or display width and/or height." I did that and it worked. Kodi started displaying the video this way:

This was all for Kodi running on a Windows computer. I tried playing the same movie on my android box running the same version of Kodi, but Kodi still displayed the video in the wrong aspect ratio.

TL;DR: Kodi in windows 10 displays movie in correct aspect ratio while Kodi in android doesn't.

Messages In This Thread
[Kodi 17 Android] Displaying 3D in correct aspect ratio - by papachanjo - 2017-08-03, 22:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Android] Displaying 3D in correct aspect ratio0