Kodi 17 broke multiple TVH client hack
Success!

After some light hacking around with the source code I managed to get 2x TVH clients working in Krypton 17.3 (and 17.4). It seems that the settings are accessed via a global instance / singleton and this was clashing when one has >1 pvr.hts client running (so the first client starts loading, then the second starts and effectively overwrites the first clients settings with it's own, as they share the same singleton. This meant that the guide has the channels duplicated from the last client that was loaded).

For now I've simply renamed the global static settings var (and the GetInstance function, not sure if this second part is necessary), compiled that and used it as the second pvr.hts client. Not a great fix - better would be to refactor the code so this global settings singleton isn't needed. I might look into that a bit when I get some time. But for now, all working Smile

If someone is interested in compiling the client themselves - here's the link to the branch where I made my changes (for pvr.hts version 3.4.24 - Kodi 17.3):
https://github.com/stuartjbrown/pvr.hts/...ple-client

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 17 broke multiple TVH client hack - by chemo78 - 2017-09-15, 08:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 broke multiple TVH client hack0