This Classical music tagging is killing me....
Thanks for the quick reply Dave.
First, it looks like I had at least two typos in my original post:
1. The MB plugin is actually called "Classical Extras" - and yes, it did add the (orchestra) and (choir) to at least the Artist and Artists frames.
2. The script I tried in MB (thanks to one of your other post here) was your $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%) and not $setmulti(artists, etc....

Anyway, I'll disable the plugin and give your scripts another try - btw, thanks for the additional $unset(xxx) ones.

As for coming back with more questions....here I amBig Grin ........

1. Am I correct in thinking that instead of doing a complete reinstall of Kodi in order to remove prior scraping info, all I have to do is erase the MyMusic60.db file?

2. Do I correctly understand whats written at the link you gave me as saying that if Musicbrainz had created an 'Ensemble' tag instead of an 'Ensembles' tag (Line 643 of my log file) Kodi 17.4 would use it? Maybe even create a role using that tag?

3. In other posts you've discussed portable installs and I currently have a 17.4 version on a thumb drive that I'm using while I check out this 3v2.4/Musicbrainz stuff and I'm wondering ......... a) Any reason "music tagging-wise" that I should do anything more than a "minimal" install? and b) Any reason I can't install a pre release v18 alongside the 17.4 on the same thumb drive?

Thanks again, Bryan

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Classical music tagging is killing me.... - by Bryan_W - 2017-09-17, 15:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This Classical music tagging is killing me....0