This Classical music tagging is killing me....
(2017-09-22, 07:55)DaveBlake Wrote: I think the many "Alfred Schultz" is possibly the worst artist data issue in MB, try not to think too much about it.

Big Grin Definitely going to follow your advice on that one.

(2017-09-22, 07:55)DaveBlake Wrote: What that Picard plugin does with adding bracked data within the artist tag is a disaster, don't use it. That role information is in what Mp3tag is calling "MUSICIANCREDITS" (that is the TMCL tag), and Kodi will read it from there.

Don't intend on having bracketed data, just left it there to show what I got "out of the box" when using the plugin.

(2017-09-22, 07:55)DaveBlake Wrote: The many non-standard tags that plugin adds are not read by Kodi, and I doubt any other media player.

Understood.
However, it is a little discouraging (especially since the "$setmulti script" doesn't seem to be doing anything for me) that the one method gives too much information and the other one not enough.
I guess I'll just have to settle on a slightly less automated system by doing a little "mixing and matching" between the two...... either that or just be satisfied with scraping the MBID's and call it done .Wink
Thanks again....Bryan

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Classical music tagging is killing me.... - by Bryan_W - 2017-09-22, 21:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This Classical music tagging is killing me....0