v17 Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on?
Bug 
Just now ( 2017/10/28 @ 17:00 PDT ) I installed Kodi 17.5 Git:20171023-5bd45ab on a friend's Windows 10 machine via the Window's Store. The installation completed without incident, however, after assigning both a movie directory and a TV show directory in Kodi, it proceeded to recognize every movie available but failed to recognize any TV shows. Repeated checks and reinstalls did not correct the situation.

I remotely connected to my system at home to verify the settings I used. To my surprise, my friend's fresh install listed the TVDB metadata add-on as version 2.0.0, while my home system listed it as version 1.8.5. Update for TVDB on my system offered only 1.8.5; my friend's offered only 2.0.0.

Out of curiosity, I located the metadata.tvdb.com-1.8.5.zip on my system at \Users\...\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages\ and downloaded it to my friend's system. After doing a manual "Install from zip file" of version 1.8.5, a video library update successfully found all available TV shows on my friend's system.

Why do the two machines see different versions of the TVDB metadata add-on in the official Kodi repository?
Is the Kodi app in the Window's Store somehow compromised?
Has anyone else reported this?

Messages In This Thread
Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on? - by ipottinger - 2017-10-29, 03:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on?2