Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
(2017-12-18, 10:20)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 08:36)mozomo Wrote: Strange. I am sure that I saw it and I am not the only one. It reminded me of one of my old intel htpcs with it's 24fps bug.
Ah, I see. Weird I did not see it. Might have a look at the scrolling credits again to see if I can pick up anything.
(2017-12-18, 09:33)wesk05 Wrote: The Sony 4K Camp HDR video has totally wrong HDR10 metadata in the SEI
Is that Sony Camp 4K HDR test clip even BT.2020 ?
Mediainfo of the supposed Sony Camp 4K HDR I have is reporting BT.709 8bit - the filename looks incorrect.

EDIT: just to check I downloaded Sony Camp again from:
http://4kmedia.org/sony-camping-in-nature-4k-demo/

And sure enough 8bit BT.709 again.    
  ATV4K seems to have only fractional refresh rates (59.94/23.976) support. No 60 or 24Hz. 

There are SDR and HDR versions of the Sony Camp clip.  Lot of folks have mentioned about the banding that you can see in the sky scene. This makes me think whether the original was actually 8-bit and someone reencoded it to 10-bit HDR. There is also the issue with incomplete/incorrect HDR10 metadata. The original upload has been deleted from Demo UHD3D. Google search shows a couple of other sources, but will have to verify whether the download is actually the SDR or HDR version.

The other day when I was testing, it looked like all the HDR clips played in MrMC had the same HDR10 metadata in the HDMI output. This is not the case with Netflix or Amazon Prime. With Netflix Dolby Vision you can actually see the MaxFALL and MaxCLL change between scenes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware - by wesk05 - 2017-12-18, 20:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5