How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC.
Ok, so I've been beating my head against the wall over this forever. I am using vmware player. I am using vmnet0. I am on the same network. I can ping my Apple TV from a MAC terminal. (by the way, for the person who said their internet stopped working when switching to vmnet0, that's because you're normally using an auto-assigned address (169.xxx...) but otherwise you should be on a 192.168.x... In the Mac VM, open up your settings, go to network, and change it to something else and hit apply, then change it back to dhcp and hit apply again. Or if you know the equivalent to a release/renew on windows, do that.

Anyway, I still cannot get my Apple TV 4k to show up under devices and simulators. It requires bluetooth to be in near proximity, so the ATV knows it's being paired and switched to a different broadcast mode. How did any of you who said you made this work, do it? the vmware people say that the bluetooth cannot be supported in this way. Anything that can be plugged in (like my new iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro) can be hooked up from USB first, then you can right-click the devices in that windows and select "connect via ip address".

This would be fine and dandy if I could get the Apple TV 4k to appear in this window in the first place! There is no way to simply manually add a new device via IP in xcode. If there is a workaround, I'm all ears.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC. - by urherenow - 2021-01-10, 16:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC.0