Kodi 17.6 Not playing AC3, instead playing stereo
OK, I have Kodi 17.6 on my Sony Android Smart TV. My Audio Receiver can only decode DD 5.1 and of course stereo.  The MKV I'm trying to play has both DTS 5.1 and DD 5.1 only, (no stereo sources whatsoever). When I play back the video I can only get Stereo. DTS is the first audio listed in the Matroska container and it was set to default, but I also set neither audio type to default and I got the same result, only stereo, no 5.1. If the MKV has both Stereo and DD 5.1, I only get Stereo.  If the MKV has DD 5.1 only, I only get stereo. The Smart TV is connected to the audio receiver via optical TOSlink cable, (it has no HDMI inputs).  Below are some of my settings:

Settings/Player:
=========
Adjust display refresh rate: Always
Sync playback to display: On

Settings/System:
==========
Number of Channels: 2.0
Output configuration: Optimized
Allow Passthrough: On
Dolby Digital capable Receiver: On
- Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: Off
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: Off

If I turn transcoding on I get DD 5.1 but the Audio and video are not synced.
If I turn transcoding on then off I get no sound whatsoever. I have to start the video over again.

All my media is on my NAS.
If I use the built in video player that came preinstalled on the TV, I get DD 5.1 no matter what format audio the MKV contains, except for stereo only that is, then of course I get stereo, which says to me that the problem is with Kodi; Yes/No?

I got Kodi 17.6 from the Google Play store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Messages In This Thread
Kodi 17.6 Not playing AC3, instead playing stereo - by AudioArchitect - 2018-01-04, 16:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 Not playing AC3, instead playing stereo0