v18 Music visualization (Milkdrop) issue
(2018-01-15, 12:55)jjd-uk Wrote: I've been thinking about submitting a PR to change the addon manifest to auto enable the Visualisation addons since how the addon selection is done seems to be geared towards having a binary addon repo which we of course don't yet have.
Well that is another approach, I assumed that they were installed disabled for a reason. I don't have strong opinions about this, I just wanted to fix the currently broken master.

Of course installation of addons is still optional and what is availlable varies across the different platforms, that both needs to be kept in mind when setting defaults. Makes me think that a defaut of none is a good idea, but addons enabled when installed will mean that they appear on the list of choices from both OSD menu and main settings screen.

There is also the silly situation that a user could enable a viz addon, select it, and then disable the addon: the main setting screen shows the viz selection as "none", but the disabled addon will still run during playback. Perhaps someone would like to take that on?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music visualization (Milkdrop) issue - by DaveBlake - 2018-01-15, 14:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music visualization (Milkdrop) issue0