Kodi on libreelec keeps connection to tvheadend open
(2018-04-10, 06:23)lokum Wrote: That sounds ingenious - will give it a go later and report back.

edit.  I've set it up with Kodi Callbacks so that when the screensaver is active it executes the builtin function XBMC.LoadProfile(profile_with_no_tv_client).  For that profile I've set the keymap for every key on the remote to XBMC.RestartApp.  I've set the default login to the Master profile which has the TV client active.  I did try using XBMC.LoadProfile(Master) instead of restarting Kodi but it was crashing.  This is a decent compromise.  Thanks -chris- !
I found a way to switch back to master profile without restarting kodi. The callback XBMC.LoadProfile(Master user) works for my setup. It is activated by kodi callbacks on event onScreenSaverDeactivated (instead of remapping keys). The exact line in settings.xml is
<setting id="T1.builtin">XBMC.LoadProfile(&quot;Master user&quot; )</setting>
Switching to profile "Dummy", that does not have tvheadend configured (actually has no media at all), is done by kodi callbacks event onIdle:
<setting id="T1.builtin">XBMC.LoadProfile(&quot;Dummy&quot; )</setting>
This seems to work quite good.
Thanks for the idea with profiles!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi on libreelec keeps connection to tvheadend open - by cake4 - 2018-04-14, 10:34

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on libreelec keeps connection to tvheadend open0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.