[MISSING] artist and tagging
I finally realized why I have so many entries "[MISSING]" under artists and IMHO it's a design flaw. All albums that are sorted under MISSING have an empty tag "album artist". I alway only fill the field "artist" unless there are guest musicians involved in which case I put the main artist under "album artist" and enumerate other artists in the "artist" field. I also use "album artist" when classical music is involved. In this case, I use "album artist" with the classical composer's name if he's consistent throughout the album and "artist" for performers, i.e. orchestra, soloists, etc. If it's a consistent performer and different composers I switch fields. Summing up, I always put under "album artist" the person or group which is consistens throughout the whole album.

Anyways, it shouldn't be detrimental to leave "album artist" empty. Kodi should check that field first and if it's empty use the info from "artist".

Update: Btw, it doesn't matter if musicbrainz tags are present, if "album artist" is empty it still goes under MISSING.

Messages In This Thread
[MISSING] artist and tagging - by HeresJohnny - 2018-03-09, 02:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MISSING] artist and tagging0