PCM output through HDMI to receiver, what should the receiver display show?
Hello all,

I have a tried a whole slew of different search terms to try and find the answer and so far have had no success.  This is a pretty simple question and I'm irritated with myself for not being able to find an answer through search.

So, I just setup a new raspberry pi with Kodi Krypton 17.6 running through LibreELEC.  I have an older Denon receiver that doesn't support decoding of DTS-MA and TrueHD, so I am interested in having the Pi and Kodi perform the decoding to multi-channel PCM.  Most of what we watch is movies that we buy, ripped with MakeMKV to, well, MKV container, with the DTS-MA or TrueHD soundtracks.  We have a fairly nice Klipsch 7.1 system so I would like to use 7.1 when possible.  I setup Kodi to disable pass-through, and set the channels to 2.0 and the receiver definitely has sound going through it.  The receiver displays PCM and Digital, but only shows that it is receiving the front left and front right channels.  Is that because I have it set to 2.0?

My question is, should the receiver show that it is receiving 5.1 or 7.1 channels when it is receiving multi-channel PCM?

Thank you,

-Louie

Messages In This Thread
PCM output through HDMI to receiver, what should the receiver display show? - by k0diyack - 2018-04-09, 02:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PCM output through HDMI to receiver, what should the receiver display show?0