Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner
I'm a noob to the world of Kodi and after learning through the school of hard knocks I have finally got my Movie library into a reasonable shape and loving it. So now I'm about to embark on the next wild adventure of importing my music into Kodi and really looking for some advice on how to do this as painless as possible....

I am running Krypton 17.6 with Aeon Nox Silvo on apple TV and Windows 10. My music collection is in reasonable shape having used Tagscanner for many years, albeit that its not perfect. I have had a read through the Wiki and for the most part my files are pretty much in-line with what is suggested however I use iTunes to organise my music so my music doesn't have the year incorporated into the folder title and all the compilations are contained with the same music root folder. 

Comparatively between Tagscanner and MusicBrainz Picard the former is more simplistic but does a great job in embedding the tag info required by iTunes. So as soon as I started importing my music into Picard I am starting to find issues that require correction which then cause files to be lost in iTunes. I located this guide which describes how to use Picard and not affect iTunes. I am noticing though that its not just a case of moving/renaming music but iTunes can lose the file by altering metadata, ie dealing with AC/DC.

Before I embark on this next journey I thought someone might have some advice on how to do this without causing myself lots of issue and hard work in importing an existing collection and maintaining the iTunes library?

What information does Kodi need to get all the bells and whistles going and can it be done with a program like Tagscanner rather than re-doing all my files in Picard. If not, will the guide mentioned above adequately address the required information?

Messages In This Thread
Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by Carnigg - 2018-04-16, 06:13
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by DaveBlake - 2018-04-16, 08:38
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by Carnigg - 2018-04-17, 05:31
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by docwra - 2018-04-17, 10:23
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by Carnigg - 2018-04-17, 17:01
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by Karellen - 2018-04-17, 22:34
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by Carnigg - 2018-04-18, 04:03
RE: Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner - by DaveBlake - 2018-04-19, 09:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi-iTunes-Tagscanner0