v17 What is the best way to backup the music database/library?
What is the best way to backup the music database/library?

My goal: In case of deletion, need for rescan for some reason by kodi, or a conscious re-install of Kodi, how can I get my music library back to what it was asap?

So sometimes, even though I do nothing new in my music library, when I choose update it starts re-scanning everything.

What this does is that it resets the artist icon and fanart, and it’s a pain since I use a lot of time to get them right.

So, to the initial question: What is the best way to avoid a need for rescan if I would delete my library i.e. how to back it up correctly?

What can I do to make sure that the artwork I had chosen previously will be chosen again if I have to import a backup?

And if I now need to re-scan everything, can I get the artist info and artwork without needing to scrape from the www? Will Kodi recognize the “artist.nfo” that is in the artist folder, and if missing, how can I ensure that there is an “artist.nfo” for all artists? And can I get the artist artwork, thumbs and logo into each artists folder automatically?

I really don’t care if there are many steps to do this, I am just tired of redoing it again.

I know there are a lot of questions here, and I’m sorry about that, I just want a be-all and end-all solution.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: I use Krypton on a Windows 10 htpc.

Messages In This Thread
What is the best way to backup the music database/library? - by Exmaniac - 2018-05-17, 02:29
RE: Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO - by Karellen - 2018-05-17, 02:34
[split] Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO - by Exmaniac - 2018-05-17, 02:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the best way to backup the music database/library?0