4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
I'm not blaming the TV, I'm blaming myself for not checking I had everything for full 4k HDR playback before investing heavily in a new TV. If I had known this before, I would've waited a year. The TV is superb but if I'm not going use the HDR features fully, I might as well stick to my old 4k non-HDR TV.

So I'm trying to think of ways of salvaging the situation. One option was to buy a GTX 1030, although it seems you're recommending the RX 550 as better minimum GPU. In which case anyone have first hand experience of HDR playback with Madvr, Win10 and a AMD RX 550 2GB? I'm only interested in HDR passthrough and not the fancy scaling (for now).

I'm sure confirmation or not of a GTX 1030 or RX 550 will help others who come to this thread for help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by fswings - 2018-07-06, 13:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209