4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2018-07-06, 15:57)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 12:45)Mount81 Wrote: And many some still complain regarding that the LE/CE on the S912 Boxes still isn't that much enhanced and having several deficiencies and issues with playback (these seems to be dependent on the video source as well).
I'm now interested....
Please detail the "many" and provide examples of those having serious issues with LibreELEC ? Wink

Click HERE for some AMLogic S9xx testing done by @noggin.

CoreELEC is using Kodi Leia Alpha - by it's very Alpha nature it is still comparatively unstable Kodi software vs Krypton.   

Though I should add that since that testing it looks to have been established that the S905X doesn't have a clean 10-bit video playback path, and whilst it decodes 10-bit video and can be told to output 10-bit video, there is an 8-bit footprint that can only be masked by dither, not removed.

The S912 is the only current AMLogic platform with a clean, full 10-bit video path - and plays HDR10 stuff fine.

(I wish there was a stable Leia build for the S912 / Minix U9-H - as it would be great to test the BBC UHD iPlayer streams in it - but the Krypton builds don't seem to want to play ball? My guess is that the MPEG-DASH implementation in Krypton is older and doesn't have full support for live streams?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by noggin - 2018-07-06, 16:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209