4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2018-07-07, 10:23)Mount81 Wrote: wrxtasy LE 8.2.4.2: There's no auto freque switching in some cases at all, and have problem with the playback with lots of the the common test videos. +The subtitle stutter bug.

And also generally, that the user experience and reliability is somewhat bellow of that what LE achieved on the S905X line. 

Don't misunderstand my skepticism here, and take as an assault against the S912 at all. I'm personally still also in the info collecting stage, but there are too many complains
Well I'm going to disagree again.

I acknowledge there is a really minor subtitle stutter the very first time Subtitles appear with LE 8.2.4.x on S912 LE releases vs S905X. It's fine thereafter with LE 8.2.4.x
I watch content with Subtitles all the time. It really is a Non issue.

As for No auto Freq switching, that is completely incorrect info.
Same goes for test Videos where frankly a bunch of newbie users do not know what they are talking about.
Poorly or incorrectly encoded video will produce poor video playback results. So will incorrectly configured Kodi and incorrect TV settings.

If there are issues with video playback with LE on the S912, the exact same problem will show up on the rest of the S9xx LE 8.2.4.x boxes because they are using the SAME Linux Kernel with the SAME set of Kodi patches.

Do not confuse the Kodi interface being drawn by the S912's GPU and it's Hybrid Android/Linux drivers with Video decoding done by the Video engine part of the GPU. Those two function need to be separated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by wrxtasy - 2018-07-08, 06:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209