4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
Wink 
(2019-10-16, 02:08)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 22:33)jaxter Wrote: Hey Wrxtasy i was looking at a review of the Fire Tv cube second generation, o you know if when playing locally stored 4k mkv off it if it would pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, if so i quiet fancy it, thanks.

Hi,

The AMLogic S922Z equipped 2019 FireTV Cube will be running an AMLogic modded v4.9 Linux Kernel under its Android based FireOS - so YES it will pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, same as all other S905X2 / S922X / A311D chipset equipped devices.

With AMLogic's top Spec chipset under the hood and an Excellent ARM-Mali G52 GPU the 2019 Cube will be a snappy fast, powerful device.

When you have a fast 6 Core CPU, even content like old 10bit h264 aka Hi10p Anime, mpeg2, mpeg4 and VC-1 that may have playback issues with Android/FireOS - can be CPU Software decoded after tweaking Kodi's decodefilter.xml Smile 
Thanks for taking the time to give a clear and informative answer, i had a Tanix T92 on your advice but got rid now that Fandangos kodi hdr build lets me play all my 4k hdr content, i have to mention that movies look way better on the ryzen 2400g/fandangos kodi hdr build on my benq W2700 projector then they ever did through the Tanix.
I would guess using my very limited knowledge (mostly gleaned from Wratsy ) this is because it is now passing the correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, it really does make a huge difference to the picture. If only the Ryzen had the certifcation to do 4k hdr netfliix it would be a perfect little htpc solution, as it is i have to switch my gaming pc on with the nvidia 1080ti for 4k hdr, atmos on the projector the cube looks a good alternative.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by jaxter - 2019-10-17, 00:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209