Optoma UHD 51A 4K HDR + Full 3D Projector
(2018-10-18, 10:11)Cob2 Wrote: Hi hdmkv! So, after few months, what's your impressions of this projector? Is it anything that you regret/ would change? Did you upgraded firmawe? Do you use it to watch sports with little day light? How about colors and 3d? I'm little confused which one to choose between 51A and ALV or Benq ht2550. It should be placed in room where is nearly dark in daytime if courtains down and dark at night, about 3 meters from 100 inch screen. I love 3d and 4k movies, more the first one. How 3d looks in this projector? Better than tv? Sorry for so many questions but would really appreciate if you find time to answer.
Mostly love it; no regrets. Have updated to the latest f/w. Need a mostly light-controlled room for best results (and your setup sounds right for this), and the lack of horizontal lens shift makes installation somewhat harder (initially). Other than these manageable aspects, performance, for a full 3D + 4K PJ, especially at this price point, is nothing short of fantastic. It's better than the BenQ HT2550, but I've read f/w improvements on it have brought PQ close to UHD51A's (than when I tested it, at its launch). But, switching to/from 3D is automatic on Optoma; not sure if you still manually need to on BenQ. 3D on UHD51A is excellent (watching the 'Ant-Man' 3D sequel tonight), and DLP's do better on this than 3LCD overall.
(2018-10-18, 10:21)docwra Wrote: Don't use 3D myself, its a dead technology in my opinion. Optima Projector is great, not changed any settings. HDR looks amazing on something like Nature documentaries.
Not using 3D might explain why you think it's dead. For a dead technology, many 3D enthusiasts (myself included) continue enjoying it immensely Wink ... thanks also to the fact that 3D is still well-supported with PJ's (even though not with new TV's). Recent titles like 'The Avengers: Infinity War' in 3D are far more immersive than anything 4K.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optoma UHD 51A 4K HDR + Full 3D Projector - by hdmkv - 2018-10-20, 00:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optoma UHD 51A 4K HDR + Full 3D Projector0