Linux Kodi 17.4 powered by Odroid C2 like board - 4k playback distorted completely
Please help, I am at my wits end!!!
I have a TV box much similar to Odroid C2 (powered by Amlogic S905 with MALI 450 GPU). The TV box is connected to a TCL 403 49inch 4k TV using HDMI 2.0b 4K 60hz cables.

I am able to play 1080p movies just fine. The problem is when I try to play 4k movies. I have tried every possible combination I can think of and have ended up with the same result - TV showing 4k mode as 75% of screen as black and 25% as white with a distorted bar separating them.

Scenario 1:
- If Linux OS is set to 4k then the Kodi interface shrinks to top left corner to take 25% of screen. (Kodi UI set to 1080p) 
- so I change the Kodi UI resolution to 3840x2160p and that makes the screen go black and white with distorted horizontal bar separating them (see attached screenshot - 4k-tv.img)
- Adjust refresh rate (I've tried ON and OFF both), no difference in result
- The log for this test are here  : KodiUiChangedTo4K

Scenario 2:
- Linux OS is set to 4k then the Kodi interface shrinks to top left corner to take 25% of screen. (Kodi UI set to 1080p) 
- Adjust refresh rate automatically (I've tried ON and OFF both), same result
- with this smaller UI displayed, I tried playing 4k movie, and it ends up with TV displaying the black and white screen with a distorted bar.
- Debug logs for this test are here :   DebugLevelLogsFromKodi 

Scenario 3:
- Linux OS set to 1080p, kodi UI set to 1080p. looks good.
- Adjust refresh rate OFF
- Play 4k movie, it plays fine on TV. But the TV never switched resolution to 4k. It still shows 1080p. (As expected, adjust refresh rate is set to OFF)

Scenario 4:
- Linux OS set to 1080p, kodi UI set to 1080p. looks good.
- Adjust refresh rate ON
- Tried playing 4k movie, it gives me the same back and white screen with distorted bar.

Thanks in advance.
ImageImage

Messages In This Thread
Kodi 17.4 powered by Odroid C2 like board - 4k playback distorted completely - by ajiratech - 2018-07-13, 20:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.4 powered by Odroid C2 like board - 4k playback distorted completely0