Solved Kodi not importing my xmltv data to the EPG
I have the following setup:

VBoxCommunications satellite box with unicable input to give me four channels.

Kodi 17.6 Krypton running on Apple MacBook Pro.

I use mc2xml to collect my guide data from Schedules Direct JSON service (for the UK) and save it as my xmltv file.  I use an xmltv.chl file to restrict the channels and the final size of the xmltv file (currently a manageable 9.4 Meg).  I use the -U flag to download in UTF-8 instead of the default "ISO-8859-1" as I believe Kodi needs that.

I have previously had all this working but let it lapse (on Kodi 17.3) but have now started to get back into it as I have solved using launchd to automatically get the listings once a day for importing to Kodi.  With Kodi 17.6 I appear to be having problems.

I cannot import the xmltv data into the VBox as it does not appear to like the Mac network and file structure so that is left unused and is why I want to import it into Kodi.

I am trying to import the data into my Kodi setup but it refuses to do so.  I have checked the file content and it all seems OK.  

The file location is on the same machine as Kodi so it is not a network issue and Kodi browses and locates it fine.

I have cleared out all previous data and reinitiated Kodi but that also does not help (deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi and ~/.kodi).

I have rebooted the VBox, my router and my MacBook and it still will not load the EPG data from the file.

I am stumped.  I read somewhere that it should generate a mapping file but it does not appear to do so.

Can anyone help me please?

Geoff

Messages In This Thread
Kodi not importing my xmltv data to the EPG - by GeoffatMM - 2018-08-13, 13:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not importing my xmltv data to the EPG0