Classical music best practices with v17 and futur v18
Has anyone had any sort of success with using cue sheet files for classical music? I have recently started trying out cue sheets but it appears , to me, that there is limited scope for defining tags other than title, artist and album.  I foresee problems if the 'tracks' have different composers, artists etc.

I had hoped that it would avoid the need for splitting a long work (or CD) into separate files, for example.  I'd still like a 'search' to display the individual tracks but give me the option to play the complete work.

Background : I shoud note that I haven't yet carried out a proper re-tagging of my files.  I'm aware of advice elsewhere on the Forum for tagging classical music.  In my current case individual files are tagged rather inconsistently, dating from pre-Kodi days, as I have been used to selecting music by it's file name which starts with the composer's name followed by abbreviated work details.  Albums are grouped in directories under the Composer's name in the traditional sort of Artist/Album directory arrangement.   I'm aiming at being able to do a Kodi search across both folder trees.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classical music best practices with v17 and futur v18 - by redulike - 2019-02-12, 18:27

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Classical music best practices with v17 and futur v181
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.