2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review
(2018-09-06, 01:23)hdmkv Wrote:
(2018-09-05, 09:15)noggin Wrote: Are they HDR10+ / DolbyVision projectors or just regular HDR10?  wrxtasy was specific in the HDR standards he mentioned.
Not yet, but what relevance do HDR10+ or DolbyVision have w/Kodi or MrMC? Neither can play them yet (last I checked, unless they're now working w/UHD rips).   
I think the reference was more to do with the lack of 3D support on modern high-end TVs - and HDR10+/DV support is one significant indicator of a high-end TV, rather than just HDR support.  

I think wrxtasy was making the point that 3D is close to dead in the high-end TV space - so, in turn, 3D support is less likely on the newer player platforms that might also run Kodi/MrMC - like Apple Fire TV, nVidia Shield TV etc. and those that follow;.  

I know 3D is hugely important for a number of 3D fans - but in the wider consumer space it hasn't taken off.  As fewer and fewer sets are sold that support it, the market for player platforms that support it also drops.  3D has been more successful as a projector format - but they are a tiny portion of the market I fear.  It's a bit like SACD support. Vital for those who want it, but not a significant mainstream factor, unlike UHD, HDR and HD Audio support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review - by noggin - 2018-09-06, 12:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review2