No Bluetooth audio through Kodi 17.6 (OSMC and LibreElec tried)
Hello

I am trying to play audio from a Kodi 17.6 / Raspberry Pi B+ to a Bluetooth speaker.  

I have successfully played audio from Kodi running under Windows 10 to the USB BT dongle and the Bluetooth speaker, so I know the hardware the “principle” are Ok.  

When I have tried audio on Kodi 17.6 on RPi B+ (both OSMC and LibreElec) I get no sound. I had to install the PulseAudio software on OSMC.

The BT connection to the speaker kept dropping using LibreElec but appears to be completely stable having installed pulseAudio on OSMC so I'm sticking with OSMC for now. I have configured Kodi on RPi to output audio to PulseAudio.

From : https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Configurin...io/Testing

When I run the following command via ssh on to the RPi

pacat < /dev/urandom

The BT speaker outputs loud whitenoise. The volume of the noise cannot be controlled by Kodi volume control. So, there is now some “direct path” on the RPi PulseAudio > BT > Speaker.

However, I still can’t play any music or audio through Bluetooth using KODI 17.6 / OSMC running on a Raspberry Pi with this setup.

So, my assumptions are this:

1. When I run the command, pacat < /dev/urandom, on the console this is causing PulseAudio to directly output a whitenoise stream to the speakers not involving Kodi. Therefore, all the hardware and BT connections are fine.

2. Because I can’t get Kodi to output sound to the speaker I think there is some configuration mismatch between Kodi and PulseAudio where PA is not sending the sound output to the correct “sink” (this is the term PA uses to identify devices it is outputing audio to I believe).

I don’t know if the following is significant but the command, pacmd, produces console output:

No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.

Is there some more configuration needed in Kodi (none seem available) or within PulseAudio configuration files? Or more testing I can do to localise the problem?

Thanks,

Clive

Messages In This Thread
No Bluetooth audio through Kodi 17.6 (OSMC and LibreElec tried) - by Crlong - 2018-09-08, 11:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Bluetooth audio through Kodi 17.6 (OSMC and LibreElec tried)0