Intel nuc CIR bios issues : get involved
Hi all kodi community

Today, I'm creating this thread to get people having infrared issues with their intel nuc involved with intel community forum. I'm really fed up by the way they dismiss the issue, like if nothing could be done about it. For thoses who are not aware, here is the thread on intel forums

the latest anwser from intel on this was (at the time of writing) :
Quote:Due to LPC limitation caused by changes made to protect platform circuitry, SirqMod was changed to QUIET mode from CONTINUOUS mode.
I have been told that there is no fix for this issue at this point, I am really sorry that this change is affecting the previous functionality of the equipment.

As a matter of fact, I've received an intel nuc NUC7PJYH (the J5005) with already the lastest firmware 44 installed . In intel world, you can't even go back to a previous (v27) firmware because they don't allow the downgrade ! This situation make the infrared CIR device completly useless as it doesn't work at all.

I count on you to tell intel via their community forum how bad this is and that they must fix it. Well if you wish to do so.
I may start the "shit storm" on social media if needed with the help of others. We can't let them do whatever they want, breaking features wiithout complaining, especially after the HDR support fiasco.

Messages In This Thread
Intel nuc CIR bios issues : get involved - by ClaudeR - 2018-09-20, 13:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel nuc CIR bios issues : get involved0