v18 Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist
Guys thanks for trying to trace the cause of the issue. The problems do indeed start from PR13301, but I think there are other later changes that have effects too.

Beta3 still has problems, I was unable to come up with a fix in the time available, but it does have some changes that will effect this mixed playlist regression (PR14478 - a fix for game launch bug, that solves a bigger issue!). I think this does improve things, but is not the whole cure.

It is not so much about viz failing (that is a side effect), but that the natural flow though the playlist, as opposed to skipping with next/prev, is not working on mixed playlists. I think the player swapping and clean up is getting things wrong now that it happens asynchronously, so timing could also play a part (and makes locating the issue harder). Sometimes the video player is left to play audio, which it can do but you don't get a viz. Othertimes things don't play at all because they get stopped before they start.

I hope some other team members will advise how the new asynchoronous application control of the player design was intended to work, because just following the code in debug what I see makes no sense to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist - by DaveBlake - 2018-10-05, 15:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist0