Looking for a method to scrape by filename
Greetings,

I am trying to use the intelligent playlists in KODI as a way to play a filtered part of my videos. This failed so far.

I understand that the thing i want is not the KODI-way of life. Playlists work only in cooperation with the media library. The media library wants its information either from a .nfo or the internet. I do not want either. The Internet has no data for my Salsa Dance Videos. And creating .nfo with just the Filename seems stupid.

My solution so far was to try and write or adapt my own scraper. This also failed. The instructions I found for addon-development did not help. Error messages in KODI made me just try/guess/fail/retry. I do have a background in amateur programming. I think I understand the basics of what is happening between the xml and KODI.

My questions:
Is there a scraper out there simplified enough to build the library with just DB.title = <filename> for every file? OR
Can someone offer help in understanding the mechanics of a scraper? e. g.: Does a scraper have to do trigger a request to a website or can one have KODI omit this step?

Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a method to scrape by filename - by Eruydike - 2018-10-01, 17:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a method to scrape by filename0