Which controller for Mac
(2018-12-18, 10:38)MarkusK Wrote: Thx for the perfect overview !
I hoped to see the XBox Controller because i own a XBox One. So i will give it a try otherwise i will buy the logitech one tot test.
Thx again!

You are welcomed. Be aware of the connectivity problems of the Logitech F710, it could be quite a paint in the ass. For controlling Kodi is OK but when you are playing games it is a major nuisance. In any case, it is one of the cheapest so you can try and if get tired of it just put it in the bin.

If you already own a Xbox One gamepad then I would go for it. As I said, many users complain because of the clicky Dpad but if you are happy with it then no need to buy a new gamepad. For the XBox 360 I own I also bought the wireless receiver (USB dongle). I am not sure if you can buy a USB dongle for the XBox One gamepad or it uses Bluetooth (I don't own an XBox One gamepad). EDIT: OK, I saw there are different versions, earlier ones have a USB dongle and the latest one supports Bluetooth. USB dongle is the easiest way to setup the gamepad, Bluetooth a little bit more complicated (I'm talking in Linux, probably in MAC is easier to setup Bluetooth).

Note that I insist much with the Dpad because it is what you use most when using the gamepad to control Kodi (go up-down menus, etc.) and also when playing Retrogames: 99% of them will require the gamepad. It is true that you can always configure one of the analog joysticks to behave like a Dpad but I don't like it.

Messages In This Thread
Which controller for Mac - by MarkusK - 2018-12-17, 13:10
RE: Which controller for Mac - by MarkusK - 2018-12-18, 10:38
RE: Which controller for Mac - by Wintermute0110 - 2018-12-18, 11:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which controller for Mac0