Req Bring back 'Confirm channel switches by pressing "OK"'
In the current RC for Kodi, a long established and up to now configurable behavior was changed:
The setting 'PVR&Live TV -> Playback -> Confirm channel switched by pressing "OK"' is not respected anymore for entering channel numbers by digits. Instead, channel is always switched without waiting for the user to confirm with "OK".

There is a perfect use case for this behavior: It let's the user exactly the time he needs to enter the digits, without putting him under timely pressure, but also without introducing any additional delays.

I'm using Kodi boxes very often to allow elder people to continue to use their old CRT when analogue broadcasts are stopped and only DVB is left. These people are often too slow to enter longer digits within the timeout. But if you make the timeout arbitrary long, there are long delays for simple channel numbers like "1", which leads to a bad user experience and compliance.

In fact, older TV sets had often a similar feature by keys like "-/--". If it was a one key digit, you just entered the number and the channel switched right away. But for a two digit channel, you first pressed "-/--". The TV set now knew to expect two digits and also waited for the two digits to be entered, no matter how long it took for the user. Without any kind of functionality like this, switching to "29" will result in switching so "2" or to "2" and then to "9" oh so often.

Since I'm using this feature since KODI was still XBMC, I really hope to see this feature back as an accessibility feature.

For reference, see here the closed bug report:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15188

Messages In This Thread
Bring back 'Confirm channel switches by pressing "OK"' - by hitn - 2019-01-03, 15:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bring back 'Confirm channel switches by pressing "OK"'0