Important Windows Store v18 update resets my settings
(2019-02-03, 13:01)afedchin Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 23:25)YasharF Wrote:  
(2019-02-03, 10:24)MC Darkmaster Wrote: Mainly because of the idea behind that and that there should be also support for the Win 10 S-Mode possible. 
Nobody talks about Win10M we are mostly talking about desktop. Win10M has no future because MS announced no more developing it. I see no reason to support Win10M, we supported it in early UWP versions but currently Kodi requires os version which is not available on mobile devices (even on MS Lumia 950 XL)
(2019-02-03, 10:24)MC Darkmaster Wrote: The big goal should be to fix the limitations and then push again the UWP version to the Store.
And how you are imagine this? How we can fix limitation of the UWP subsystem? Kodi UPW is limited not because we want this but because UWP subsystem has a lot of limitations. an UWP app doesn't even have access to the SMB network. we had to develop addon to return SMB support to Kodi.UWP 
Yes nobody (except you Wink) talks about Win10M. Win 10 S Mode has nothing to do with Win10M. It is meant as an additional security feature to only allow apps from the Microsoft Store and no .exe anymore. 

The other thing was meant that everybody should tell Microsoft that there are some restrictions in the UWP Model that needs to be allowed. BluRay-Player access or custom video directories for example. The app should ask for extra permission for this. If all these limitations are gone or there are appropriate Workarounds for that, than I would prefer the UWP version in the store. Sorry that I expressed it not cleary. 
P.S.: I love Kodi. Thumbs up for the great work which all of you did!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows Store v18 update resets my settings - by MC Darkmaster - 2019-02-04, 16:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Store v18 update resets my settings0