Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-07-03, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 10:27)youngsyp Wrote: A couple of daft questions...

I've been a long time Kodi use but, via the the app installed on a Windows NUC, grabbing local (1080p) video files from a server in another room. I want to move to UHD HDR local video file playback and like the idea of this box. I currently use the official Kodi remote app on an iPad Mini to wake up and control the Kodi client, which in turn will send a WOL packet to wake up the server. Can I use this remote control app for the ODROID box? And will it be able to WOL my Windows server?

Paul

For Windows (SMB) Server Wakeup....

The ODROID also has in it's custom Kodi Settings > CoreELEC >Hardware a WOL toggle.

Just tested with a SMB server on my iMac, using a physical remote and - Yes - WOL works for serving up files after the server has gone into Power Saving Sleep.

Not sure about the Kodi remote App just yet....
But to be honest these ARM chipset devices use so little power you might as well just leave them on 24/7, they are not power hungry Windows machines.

The ODROID N2 has an excellent Heatsink so it pretty damn thermally stable as well. Smile
Thanks for checking, much appreciated.

I got a little impatient and ordered an Amlogic S905x3 based machine instead. It's essentially the ODROID-C4 in a nice case. Same principle would apply though, when I install CoreELEC on it.

Paul

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by youngsyp - 2020-07-03, 15:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4