v18 Wiki suggestion - Create a help panel for resetting Kodi v18 software to "factory"
Hi.  I have a Windows PC with Kodi 17 and just worked through this.  My goal was to install a clean fresh version of Kodi 18 and not have any old add-ons or settings of any kind coming along for the ride.  My research of the Kodi help file and the Kodi wiki showed there is no information that when you search for reset or factory that would explain how one gets rid of the old stuff in a push of the button or two.

It would be good to have something for new users and even old users that want to have an option for a clean install or "clean out/clean up the old install" by nuking everything.

As it stands the only thing I could find on the internet that explained steps to follow involved installing an add on from an unknown source that purported to accomplish a "reset".  Not something I  would do unless Kodi created such a beast.

That is my suggestion... please provide an explanation for a reset in the help of wiki.  Hope my suggestion helps

A very helpful person has provided me with a manual method for this reset which has worked in another section of this forum so I am good now.  Thank you all.

Messages In This Thread
Wiki suggestion - Create a help panel for resetting Kodi v18 software to "factory" - by eastavin - 2019-02-15, 18:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wiki suggestion - Create a help panel for resetting Kodi v18 software to "factory"0