Streaming from phone to computer — even on entreprise network
Hey folks,

I'm looking to stream my music from my phone to my computer.

At home, I managed to do this by installing Kodi on my (Windows) computer, enabling UPnP control in services, then selecting the computer as a target in an Android app (I use "Hi-Fi Cast", but it should be irrelevant).
This works nicely, because of auto-discovery.

At work, I use a Mac laptop, and I want to do something similar. The problem is that auto-discovery doesn't work in this case, I assume due to the configuration of the network.

I'm pretty sure UPnP would work well with the Mac at home, I'll try this latter to make sure.

1) Could I manually indicate Kodi's UPnP renderer to my phone? Hi-Fi Cast has an URL field for this, but a solid hour of googling did not help me find what to put there. I know my IP, but on what port does Kodi serve the UPnP "device descriptor/description"? Is the protocol http?

2) Anyhow, my goal is not necessarily to make UPnP work, I just want to stream my music to my laptop! Is there any other way that might allow me do this? I have full control over my phone (unrooted) and my laptop, but not over the network configuration. The solution doesn't even need to use Kodi (though this be the Kodi forum, I suppose it would be preferable). I'll take your wild shots, but please do indicate whether you ever made something similar work or not, so that I know how much effort to invest in the solution.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Streaming from phone to computer — even on entreprise network - by norswap - 2019-02-21, 16:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming from phone to computer — even on entreprise network0