Help me understand the best way to record TV series in US when using XMLTV grabber
I'm trying to record new episodes of TV series.  Is series link the best option to choose?  It seems to schedule recordings of older episodes in some instances also.  Will it skip these recordings when it actually tries to record them?  

Will series link only re-schedule a missed recording (if available) on the same channel that I schedule it?  Sometimes there are 2 different channels that are carrying the same series.  Weather conditions may cause one of the channels to have too weak of a signal on one channel but it will be OK on the other channel.  Do I need to set timers for both channels and then manually delete the redundant recordings?  

I've tried searching but couldn't find a good description of when to use guide-based timer rules vs series link.  
Also, is there a definition somewhere of what all the different options do in the "Prevent duplicate episodes" field of the guide-based timer rule?  

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Help me understand the best way to record TV series in US when using XMLTV grabber - by RKCRLR - 2019-03-07, 00:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me understand the best way to record TV series in US when using XMLTV grabber0