Can I manually override Genre values set by Musicbranz Picard?
I've read the documentation, followed the instructions, yet I'm still unclear about one thing. And because I've got a humongous collection of music (too big to back up since I don't have the free disk space for it) I'm a little reluctant to experiment. I tried that once (quite a while ago) and ended up with a big mess.

I have tagged 95% of all my music using Musicbrainz Picard as per the various instructions in the Wiki. I'm left with a (significant) number of albums that are not in the MB database, and with a ton of albums that are now tagged incorrectly due to the inconsistencies in the MB database. For example, five albums by the same band may be tagged as Trance, Club, Dance, Electronica or Other, while in fact it all should be the same genre (trance). Picard lets me edit the genre tag (and other tags) but if I do that, will Kodi organize my MP3 files by the original tags it retrieves from MB when I add the MP3 files to the library (using the MBID tag) or will it use my edited tags?

Also, if an album is not present in the MB database, can I manually edit the tags for that album (so as to be consisted with the rest) and will Kodi then use that info?

// FvW

Messages In This Thread
Can I manually override Genre values set by Musicbranz Picard? - by frankvw - 2019-03-10, 14:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I manually override Genre values set by Musicbranz Picard?0