Solved Kodi deleting or modifying previous entry when scanning in similar song
Bug 
Hi!

I've been tracking down this, what I believe, to be bug down for a while now.

I've noticed that after a library scan, if Kodi scans in a similarly named song in a different location, it will either modify the previous entry by modifying the userrating and/or iTimesPlayed (at least, this is all I've been tracking) and add a new entry for the newly found song or completely get rid of the previous entry and adding the new song location. I currently have examples of both after a library scan.

I have confirmed that the songs that have had their db song entries modified or deleted to still be on the samba there and working without a problem.

I have the full kodi.log of the music library scan (12 MB - large backlog of scans because I wanted for 18.x to be released), I have CSV snapshots showing any song that has an itimesplayed or userrating > 0 showing the differences between the before and after library scan, and I currently have my previous snapshot of the mysql database and the current snapshot of the mysql database.

As indicated  I won't post logs (and I'll take that to not post any images about the problem as well) but I am happy to provide whatever info needed tom help resolve this/prevent this from happening.

Messages In This Thread
Kodi deleting or modifying previous entry when scanning in similar song - by cmsimike - 2019-03-13, 02:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi deleting or modifying previous entry when scanning in similar song0