First time adding music to kodi issues.
OK, I can see the problem but don't understand how it happened. The role table is empty, whereas it should contain at least one record, and that absence would prevent songs from showing on the GUI.  Also the first artist entry, which should be a default, has been overwritten (hence seeing "missing"). Very weird.

All I can do is write it off as a db corruption (while casting suspicious glances at Embly!). Since you have only tested with 3 albums it is simple to delete the MyMusic72.db file and start again, when you restart Kodi it will recreate a new db.

But I also notied that the music source has a folder name that starts with a space (space KODI MUSIC)
"/home/deepcat2/Music/ KODI MUSIC/10cc/"
that seems really odd and I'm sure could upset something somewhere.

So my advice would be to start again. Remove the current source (changes sources.xml) and delete MyMusic72.db. Move your music to a path without a space at start of any folder names. Finally try adding music source and scanning again.

I hope this first trial experience does not put you off, Kodi makes a great music player and using the library offers a rich way to explore your music collection and decide what to play.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First time adding music to kodi issues. - by DaveBlake - 2019-03-13, 20:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time adding music to kodi issues.0