v17 Getting / Recording Live TV
[RESOLVED]

I have a working Kodi. I would like to make recordings of TV broadcasts of shows I watch. I get beyond belief confused. Somehow or other, I come to udnerstand I need TVHeadend to record. But for the life of me, I have no idea of how to get TVHeadend onto/into the correct Kodi directory/subdirectory. That is, I've no idea how to install it within Kodi. I don't even know where to download it from.

If I ssh into the LibreELEC root/subs, do I run sudo install tvheadend there? How would I do all the configuring that tvheadend requires.

I've tried tvheadend on my linux, but while it works there, I've no idea how to get it over to the Kodi box. I turn the Linux off and that's why I ask. The Kodi box of stuff has to record on it's own, not 'cause it's networked to a computer.

My hardware is Raspberry Pi (Model B+), HDHomeRun (model: Connect, 2 tuners)

My software is: LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (RPi.arm), Kodi Krypton (v. 17.6)

TV plays well. I've tried installing HDHomeRun apps I can find at github and tvaddons, but every time I select Record or Set a Timer, the stack balks. Sometimes that means cold-booting by unplugging the power cord. Sometimes, after a while, the system restarts on it's on.

Messages In This Thread
Getting / Recording Live TV - by Mark the Flâneur - 2019-03-18, 22:36
RE: Getting / Recording Live TV - by Klojum - 2019-03-18, 22:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting / Recording Live TV0