v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)
(2019-08-21, 23:53)AbRASiON Wrote: Is it true we need to wait for official Linux 5.1 or 5.2 for true HDR support?

I forget what I read, but it sounded like many things need to be fixed in Linux before libre elec can truly support the pi4 properly?

5.3 for HDR with Intel/AMD (although the full stack - mesa, ffmpeg, drivers, kodi etc. - will need tweaking). And when I say "Intel" I generally mean only their latest hardware, ie. Gemini Lake/Ice Lake.

For RPi4, the HDR support needs to be added and there's currently not yet a time frame for that as other more basic and essential (ie. Raspbian-type) issues are being addressed first by the Raspberry Pi Foundation developers.

The idea is to move ARM devices supported by Kodi - that is all RPi devices, including RPi4, plus Allwinner, Rockchip, Amlogic, NXP/iMX, Qualcomm etc. etc. - to a common GBM/V4L2 vendor-neutral software platform for Kodi 19, which should make HDR easier to support across the board. Once progress is made towards GBM/V4L2 then you'll start seeing RPi4 builds in this thread, but until then the best option is the official LibreELEC 9.2 RPi4 builds (based on GBM/MMAL and Kodi 18.3).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0) - by Milhouse - 2019-08-22, 03:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)8