Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
Hello everyone,

I apologize it has taken a lot longer than I expected, but I finally have a version of Amber with skinshortcuts integration for you to test.  

As of right now, it has a different skin id, so you can install it alongside your current Amber version without disrupting your current settings.  The test version is called skin.amber32.  You can only get it at this time from GitHub, at: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber32

What has changed?
  • Menu and submenu items are fully customizable.  You can add an unlimited number of menu items and submenu items, name them whatever you want, and reorder them however you want
  • If you want the skin to start in a specific menu item, make sure it is the third item on your menu, for horizontal menu, the fourth item, for vertical menu, or the sixth item for static vertical menu
  • Up to 6 shelves per menu item, very customizable as well.
  • The menu and shelves are customized in a new option in Amber Settings, Home Layout: Customize Menu and Shelves
  • Backgrounds for each menu item are fully customizable, I have added the options to have random movie fanart, tv show fanart, music fanart, conditional weather and playlist fanart as backgrounds
  • You can choose to show the title of the fanart being displayed as background, and you can choose the delay between fanart changes in the background
  • You can choose to not show the fanart for the shelf items
  • You can choose to not show the shelf until focused (press up from the menu item to focus the shelf)
  • There is a new System Info shelf

What isn't there/limitations?
  • You cannot change the type of art or aspect ratio shown for the shelves.  I have kept the same style for each shelf as the current Amber version.  I do not plan on adding this, or providing options for different shelf positions
  • I added the option of showing two shelves together (similar to the Jarvis shelves in current Amber).  If you enable this option, a maximum of two shelves will be shown (widgets 1 and 2). I do not plan on adding more shelves to this option.
  • You have to have the first Widget(shelf) for a menu item, or else no shelf is shown for that menu item.  If, for example, you add three widgets for a menu item, and then set the first widget to None, the shelf will not show.  I cannot change this.
  • You can change the sort order, sort direction and item limit for each widget.  Not all sort order options are valid for each widget type (there are a lot of possible combinations!), so keep that in mind if you don't see the widget sorted by the field you chose.

Please download and test thoroughly! I will keep this version totally separate until the bugs/features are worked out with your help.

I know that for all of you who have used skins where the menu is customizable with skinshortcuts, this version will be very familiar.  For those of you that have not, please post your questions in this thread if you get stuck.

Thank you in advance for your patience, and I hope this version meets your expectations.  Please remember it is still a work in progress, so there will be bugs/issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts - by bsoriano - 2019-06-02, 18:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1